Friday, June 21, 2013

Thursday Rant (a day late)

I've been thinking about this Thursday Rant for two weeks... and have been dealing with it for much longer than that. 

I. Hate. Change.

I also hate surprises, which I maybe consider a type of change, but that's a completely different rant.

Anyway - change is not my friend. Maybe I should say I suck at dealing with change, which would be really self-reflective and honest. So what do I do when confronted with change? Here's a brief rundown, with a completely hypothetical (or not) situation. 

1. Deny it's happening. (New office? Nope. Not happening. This girl is going NOWHERE.)
2. Complain about it. (Whyyyyy??? whhhhyyyy??)
3. Talk about it incessantly. (blah, blah, blah - my apologies to anyone who has had to be around me for the last few months.)
4. Procrastinate. (We're moving in 9 days? Oh, I don't need to pack seven years' worth of crap yet. I have time.) 

I don't have time. In nine days, some movers are going to cart SEVEN YEARS of my life across town. I haven't even looked at some of the stuff in my desk in probably three years, but I'm pretty sure it is all super important. And given that I'm a work hoarder and throw away pretty much nothing, sorting through it over the next week is going to be a chore. Not to mention all my personal belongings that I have scattered around my office... some of which aren't going to fit. If anyone has a method for picking which picture of your kids to hang up in your office (because there are about six of each of them currently)... let me know. I have Thursday blocked off for packing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment