Monday, November 5, 2012

30 Days of Thanks (3&4)

Day 3: for family time!

I do not get to see my "Newton family" enough - and they are some of my very favorites. I got to go there over the weekend and my little (okay - she's almost 22 so not really "little" anymore!) cousin Shelby took pictures of the kids (and some of me) for Christmas and Raegan's birthday. My aunt helped out with those and it was sooo nice to spend the day with the two of them! Then the kiddos and I went to eat at my fave Newton restaurant, Charlie's (which was not so great... breakfast there is only good at breakfast time apparently!), with them and my cousin Janie and her soon-to-be-hubby Danny. AND the day ended with a trip to my grandparents' house to see them before we headed home!
I didn't get to "grow up" with Janie and Shelby, and Janie's brother Brandon, like I did with my cousins who live around Chanute. But somehow, we are just as close - even though we don't get to see each other as much as we'd like.
I can't find a picture with Shelby, except for one where we're all four behind a table at her baby shower. :)





Day 4: for my sister, Joni!

We have alternatively loved and hated each other - but she's the only person who knows almost exactly what my entire life has been like. Through everything growing up, we were always together. Now, we're pretty good friends - we spend a lot of time together, talk almost daily... she knows almost everything about me and doesn't judge or get too pissed at me. We have the type of relationship that a normal "friendship" probably wouldn't survive because we yell, scream, say mean things, ignore each other - then the next day are back to normal. I truly believe the bond between sisters is one of the most powerful in the world - I can say whatever I want to her, but I will hurt you if you try to do the same. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment