Friday, June 8, 2018

Why Are You The Way That You Are?


So this is what I've been thinking about a lot lately. The GIF is funny and just because I love The Office, but in all seriousness, I have been doing a lot of self-reflection and trying to explore the "why" behind the things I do and believe and want and need. Writing helps get all of that worked out and I know from experience that reading other people's thoughts and ideas helps us feel less alone/weird about our "stuff" so my plan is to write it in this space to get feedback and foster community. The sociologist in me is a big believer in discovery and trying to make some sense of things.

The things I want to write about are questions/topics I've thought about on my own as well as writing prompts from other people or resources. I want to start on a positive note and my first question is also a "living document" type of topic so I can come back to it whenever I want.

- my favorite things in life are...

  • Raegan and Jaxson - watching them grow and change and turn in to pretty amazing little humans
  • books
  • flamingos in any way, shape, or form
  • a really great pen
  • laughing with my friends
  • the people who support me - even when that means giving me a hard look at truth I maybe don't want to see
  • old school worship music
  • 80s-early 2000s country music
  • Chris Stapleton music
  • okay, music in general - it makes me feel all the feels and makes me happy 
  • delicious coffee
  • funny TV shows 
  • the Christmas season
#selfdiscovery #favoritethings 

No comments:

Post a Comment