Thursday, September 13, 2012

30 Things (18)

What is the hardest thing you have ever had to forgive?

It's taken me a few days to come up with an answer to this one. I still don't have a specific instance, so my answer is pretty general, but it's honest.

I am harder on myself than I am on anyone else, so it's much more difficult for me to forgive myself and move on from something I did than it is for me to forgive someone else. I say things that hurt people. I do things that aren't nice and people get upset. I remember those things, especially when I can tell or the person says how hurt they are, and then whatever I did eats at me. Even after I apologize, I still beat myself up over a situation. I obsess sometimes. But when someone treats me badly, I almost always forgive quickly and just move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment